Monday 13 October 2014

The dialogue editing dilemma...



 So, the work on dialogue editing for my new movie project ‘Jam’ is underway. I have also almost finished reading the book on dialogue editing. I say almost because I ended up skipping some parts of it. The book, however insightful, is very technical. And I mean VERY! It talks at great lengths on comping vocal takes from different perspectives, camera/microphone angles and there is a very large practical section devoted to step-by-step film dialogue editing. It proved a good read for the purpose of learning new things to try on this new movie I am doing, but in terms of discovering some exciting possibilities for a dissertation subject it didn’t offer a great breakthrough. At this point I am a bit lost and I really don’t know what else I could do. I have a first official progress presentation coming up this Friday with James, so I will have a think in the next few days about some other possibilities. For now, I am out...

No comments:

Post a Comment